Monday, June 27, 2011

Bubble Snippet




This is how I altered a yard of Tami's beautifully hand-dyed muslin (?) for the second step of the second installment of the surface design round robin I joined in May. A little bit short on time this summer, I had to get it mailed on quickly. The dyed fabric made me think of crystal clear water, so I added some bubbles that had been intended to be a long ago lady's yo-yo quilt (shoebox-full given to me by a good friend). I liked the time and texture contrast. Also added some scarf snippets for wave affect. It will be fun to see what the next person does to it.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful! i love the mix of time and texture, too! i hope we will get to see what becomes of all of these wonderful cloths you are working on in this swap!

    ReplyDelete